Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Cricket] South Africa v England 22:46 - Dec 11 with 4937 viewsDeano19766

Anyone else heading out for the Test series? Or any SA based R's attending any of the Tests? 3 of us (R's) heading out over the course of next week and the following week. Normally see a few Rangers shirts on tour. Sure this one will be no different. Come on England
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 22:49]

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 23:14 - Dec 11 with 3769 viewsMrSheen

Boxing day test? Sounds fantastic. Australia v West Indies is so one sided that I may have to change my routine, go to bed early on Christmas night and have my port and Christmas cake early in the morning instead. Have a great time (R24 to the pound!).

I hope James Taylor steps up, along with whoever gets to open with Cook. Will Stokes be back? Not holding much hope for the spinners, but may not be needed so much there.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 23:34 - Dec 11 with 3755 viewsDeano19766

Yes will be in Durban on Boxing Day :) If I wasn't then I would also be up early doors with a beer in hand

Also hoping Taylor steps up, and I think he will. Probably be slotted in at 3 in place of Bell. Guessing Hayles will get a go opening, with Compton as back up Sounds like Stokes will be fit. Let's hope that's the case as he gives us options. The absence of a top spinner shouldn't be too big an issue over there, although always handy to have a decent spinner when bowling last to win the Test on day 4 or 5.

Saw earlier today that it was up to 24 to the pound. Unbelievable (was 10 and a half on the 2009/10 tour). Not gonna need much spending money despite drinking like a fish!!! Will spend less in 6 weeks there than a week here!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 23:42]

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 23:54 - Dec 11 with 3732 viewsMrSheen

Where we 2/4 on Vaughan's debut? Somewhere in South Africa, wasn't it.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 00:11 - Dec 12 with 3716 viewsDeano19766

Bit before I started touring, but yes you're absolutely right it was at The Wanderers (Joburg) in 1999

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 00:12 - Dec 12 with 3716 viewsCiderwithRsie

You lucky sod!

Have a great time, I think it could be a fascinating series with both sides in a state of flux.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 00:14 - Dec 12 with 3714 viewsDeano19766

Cheers. Think it will be an entertaining series (and a damn sight warmer than it's looking in Dunedin at the moment for NZ v SL!!). I'm going for 2-1 England!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 0:17]

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 08:30 - Dec 12 with 3659 viewsBlackCrowe

Lucky you Deano. South Africa tour is on my bucket list - particularly Newlands. Mind you so is W.Indies and Sri Lanka.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 09:16 - Dec 12 with 3646 viewsbarabajagal

I'm jealous. It's hopefully going to be fascinating.

Botham is of the mind that SA are on the wane and England have a chance. Thanks Beefy, that's 4-0 to them then

Main questions are who will open with Cook? Will Ali move back down the order without Bell there? Will Butler keep after his one day performances? Is Stokes fit? Will Samit Patel look less like a professional athlete?

Really looking forward to this one, especially as we were deprived of a Boxing Day test last year. Have a great trip and I'll look out for the hoops in the crowd.

Nik

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 09:25 - Dec 12 with 3642 viewsqpr1976

Add 3 more Deano

2 weeks in Cape Town. Will watch Durban test locally but tickets already secured for Cape Town Test (£9 each per day !?!)

Looking forward to it greatly. And finding a good sports bar to watch Us v Hull on NYD.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 11:21 - Dec 12 with 3597 viewsDeano19766

Lovely ground Newlands. South Africa is one of the best tours on the circuit IMO (second only to NZ). Hopefully you'll make it some time. Great time to go now with the Rand as it is. Sri Lanka is also lovely, and another fairly cheap tour. Don't really like the Windies though (although Grenada was a good one this time - proper West Indies unlike Barbados, Antigua etc)

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 11:29 - Dec 12 with 3587 viewsDeano19766

Cjeers. The 3 of us will no doubt wear our hoops one day at each Test.

Could go either way this series, but I think (hope??!!) we'll just shade it 2-1. Think Hales will open with Cook, although they could go with Compton opening with Cook and have Ballance back at 3, leaving Root 4, Taylor 5, Stokes 6, Butler 7, Ali 8, Broad 9, Footit 10, Anderson 11. Time will tell. A real shame both Finn and Wood are injured. I think either of them would have been a real asset out there on those pitches

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 11:36 - Dec 12 with 3580 viewsDeano19766

You been before? I love Cape Town. I'm the only one of the three of us R's doing Durban. The three of us are then in Cape Town and Joburg, and 2 of us in Pretoria, so no doubt bump into you in Cape Town. We'll also be on the hunt for a bar to watch Rangers on NYD no doubt.

Can't argue with ticket prices. It's only in England where you get ripped off going to the cricket. Cape Town is a sell out for the first 3 days (always is) so will be a cracking atmosphere, particularly on the hill after tea Bill (trumpet player) is coming out for that one he said
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 11:38]

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 17:07 - Dec 12 with 3500 viewseasthertsr

Finn played for the A team yesterday and could feature in the tour later on! His pace will be needed as they left Plunkett at home!

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 18:25 - Dec 12 with 3483 viewsDeano19766

Great news of they could get him fit sharpish. I was surprised Plunkett wasn't in the squad, but I guess they are going to look to Footitt to provide the pace
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 18:27]

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 23:06 - Dec 12 with 3432 viewsstowmarketrange

I joined the Barmy Army in September with a view to going on one of their tours in the next few years.I'd like to do the Ashes next time,but I'm not sure I can put up with the cocky aussies for that long.India must be great for the atmosphere and the sights,or even the West Indies for the sun and beer.
I will be watching this series on the box as usual.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 23:34 - Dec 12 with 3413 viewsqpr1976

I've bever been SA before Deano, only Barbados for Cricket. Very jealous you have 6 weeks out there.
10 of us in total over Xmas & New Year. 3 R's, a Gooner, a Rusden & Diamonds s/t holder & the girls.

Glad to hear 3 days sold out in Cape Town, we have tickets for 1st 4 days.

Cricket in England expensive but market forces, they know it will sell out and abroad only England sell out grounds.

I expect we'll find a bar in V&A Waterfront for Hull games but let me know if you find another, better place. Will be evening after NYE and night before 1st day of 2nd test, so somewhere between hungover & a 5 day session !

Keep in touch mate, happy to swap emails if that helps.
Flying out early Xmas eve, Can't wait.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 13:54 - Dec 13 with 3330 viewsDeano19766

You gotta do it mate! You won't regret it. I started in 2006 and been on every tour since. The best way to holiday - cricket, beer, mates and sightseeing between Tests. Can;t be beaten. And the convicts aren't that bad to be honest (although some would disagree). I've been to 3 series over there and have managed to survive without losing it with them! And yes India is absolutely cracking (Eden Gardens last time was sensational), and another reasonably cheap tour if you do it right. Get yourself on board at some point! In India next winter....... (looks like we may be playing Bangladesh in UAE so I hear, so wouldn't bother with that unless it's in Bangladesh)

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 13:59 - Dec 13 with 3326 viewsDeano19766

Have a safe flight mate. I'm heading out this coming Friday. Ping me a pm with email and us 3 R's will try hook up with you boys for a beer either v Hull or during the cricket.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 16:49 - Dec 13 with 3266 viewsRed_Ranger

Me too!
Got on it way too late this time.
By then had other plans and no money left.
Next time.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 20:44 - Dec 13 with 3213 viewsColombiR

I'm heading to the Newlands ODI on 14th Feb. Would have much preferred to make it to a Test but this coincides with my cousin's wedding so is the only game I can get to...
Any Rs gonna be about?

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 16:25 - Dec 14 with 3140 viewsqpr1976

Finn has been added to the squad today.

Which is good.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 3124 viewsCiderwithRsie

Excellent news.

He's been the future of English fast bowling for so long, I really hope he can position himself as Jimmy's long term replacement as mainstay of the attack.

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 11:11 - Dec 28 with 3020 viewsBlackCrowe

All going rather well. Trust you're having Deano?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 12:39 - Dec 28 with 2953 viewsMrSheen

Not much going on but gripping all the same. Hopefully Root can get on top of things (jinx in place).

[Cricket] South Africa v England on 15:56 - Dec 28 with 2873 viewstimcocking

This test could perhaps be used as a good example of the difference having natural leaders or not can make to a team. Can't imagine a Graeme Smith side performing like this. Amla quiet as a mouse. No kind of captain, that.

One of the many reasons we've (Rangers) been struggling for so long. You need leaders in the team. Look at the good sides, always full of natural leaders and warriors, not shy retiring types like ours. Leroy Fer technically so much better than Donkey Adams ever was but probably 1% of the player. We've only got Clint Hill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024